(1) 2pm – Meet at (to be announced) from 1.30pm for a 2.00pm start. Weather forecast: www.weather.com.au/vic/melbourne.
(2) 2.05 – Preamble and introduction to various concepts of light and seeing in the confined alleyways off (to be announced).
(3) 2.40 – Exploring concepts further with and introduction to multi-directional light in the nearby arcades and back alleys.
(4) 3pm – Meander down (to be announced) looking for and analysing the light and its inherent qualities for portraiture.
(5) 3.20 – Trees and natural structures, shadows, black reflectors and light absorption at (to be announced).
(6) 3.50 – Bounce reflection and highly directional light in some of my favourite side streets of St Kilda.
(7) 4.20 – Exploring light in the various spaces and structures around (to be announced).
(9) 5pm – Discussion, debrief and conclusion at (to be announced).
(10) Till late – Hang around for a meal and drinks with the stayers at (to be announced).
There will be plenty of opportunity for pics along the way. Portrait and otherwise. Remember to bring your cameras and cards or film. (No flash) Tripod is optional. Bring a hubby, wife, child or friend. A volunteer model or two are always welcome but not necessary. We’ll swap models often anyway. It’s important to see the effects of a given light on various facial structures and skin types.
|When:||Sun 19th Mar 2017, 2pm-5pm|
|Where:||St Kilda (Melbourne Vic)|
|Price:||$30 (See member discounts)|
|Suitable for:||Beginner to Intermediate|