(1) 2pm – Meet at Code Black Coffee, 15-17 Weston St, Brunswick VIC 3056 from 1.30pm for a 2.00pm start. Weather forecast: www.weather.com.au/vic/melbourne.
(2) 2.05 – Preamble and introduction to various concepts of light and seeing in the confined alleyways off Sydney Rd.
(3) 2.40 – Exploring concepts further with and introduction to multi-directional light in the nearby arcades and back alleys.
(4) 3pm – Meander south down Sydney Rd looking for and analysing the light and its inherent qualities for portraiture.
(5) 3.20 – Trees and natural structures, shadows, black reflectors and light absorption at Princes Park near CFC.
(6) 3.50 – Bounce reflection and highly directional light in some of my favourite side streets of Brunswick.
(7) 4.20 – Exploring light in the various spaces and structures around RMIT.
(9) 5pm – Discussion, debrief and conclusion at The Brunswick Mess Hall 400 Sydney Rd, Brunswick VIC 3056.
(10) Till late – Hang around for a meal and drinks with the stayers at The Brunswick Mess Hall.
There will be plenty of opportunity for pics along the way. Portrait and otherwise. Remember to bring your cameras and cards or film. (No flash) Tripod is optional. Bring a hubby, wife, child or friend. A volunteer model or two are always welcome but not necessary. We’ll swap models often anyway. It’s important to see the effects of a given light on various facial structures and skin types.
|When:||Sun 22nd Jan 2017, 2pm-5pm|
|Where:||Brunswick (Melbourne Vic)|
|Price:||$30 (See member discounts)|
|Suitable for:||Beginner to Intermediate|