Hi, and welcome!
Learn how to photograph ballet and work with a professional ballet dancer!
This is an educational and portfolio building event giving photographers the chance to add strong, artistic images to their portfolios while learning all of the points below.
In this four hour art nude workshop, photographers will receive a brief information-packed introductory on conducting successful photoshoots with ballet dancers, including:
1) The proper etiquette, language, and communication;
2) Identifying and flattering a dancer’s talents and covering any “imperfections;”
3) Creating visually appealing images through lines & shapes;
4) Practice capturing movement, action shots, and jumps;
5) Selecting the very best of images;
6) Insight into the structure and mechanics of the ballet & dance world.
*Due to the nature of the workshop, special emphasis will be placed on points 4 & 6.
Participants will have a series of 1-on-1 shooting times where they will be encouraged to direct and communicate with the dancer, introduce props, and anything that will personalise and enhance their shooting time.
There will be several costume and set changes throughout the workshop.
You can also book Poppy Seed Dancer privately outside of the event by emailing: [email protected]
Model/Dancer: PoppySeed (PoppySeedDancer.com)
- Workshop: Dance, Ballet and Art Nude with Poppy Seed Dancer – 17 March 2019
- Presenters: Brett Dorron
- When: 17 March 2019, Sunday (Labour Day) 9.00am – 1.00pm (4hrs)
- Where: Legend Studio Melbourne – 1/95 Heyington Avenue Thomastown. Just off the ring road. Grab the Freeway. Plenty of parking on street and on site.
- Fitness: Not applicable. Venue has wheelchair access. 18 years+
- Price: Early Bird special $280 – pay by 8th March for the discount. Normal price $300.
- What to bring: Camera, standard to telephoto lenses, batteries, memory cards and yourself.
I would love to see you there. Please Book Early to secure your spot.