|Suitable for:||All levels|
|When:||4 July 2015, Sat 1.00pm – 4.00pm|
|Price:||Members – FREE (non – $25.00)|
|Also runs:||26 July / 15 August|
Join Brett and Mark on one of our very informative photowalks through the streets, arcades and back alleys of the beautiful historic precinct of Hawthorn. The focus is on light. Available and ambient light, and specifically in regard to portraiture. Flash and strobes are banned (if caught you will be egged and sent home in shame). 🙂 ⇐ Smiley face!
Photo = Light (the Holy Grail!) What is it? Where does it come from? What do you look for and how do you see it? What affects it, or how is it influenced? We’ll look at the effects of natural and man-made structures on light. Directional verses diffuse. Harsh verses soft.
There will be plenty of opportunity for pics along the way. Portrait and otherwise. Remember to bring your cameras and cards or film. (No flash) Tripod is optional. A volunteer model or two are most welcome but not necessary. We’ll take turns anyway. It’s important to see the effects of a given light on various facial structures and skin types.
All levels and ages welcome and you’re welcome to bring a partner or child as a guest.
1) Please meet at The Cool Kids Studio, 565 Burwood Road Hawthorn by 1:00PM. See Map.
2) Please wear comfortable walking shoes, warm clothes, and travelling light. Bring your necessary camera equipment but lighten your bag by leaving the extras at home. It’s a slow and leisurely stroll with lots of breaks, but it will add up to 2.5km over three hours.
3) We’ll leave The Cool Kids Studio shortly after 1:00PM and make our way through Central Park, via all the light shaping structures of Swinburne Uni, to the arcades and alleyways of Hawthorn’s Glenferrie shopping strip. Please try to be early or on time so as not to disadvantage everyone else. My number is 0404 635 327 if you miss us at the studio or become lost along the way.
4) We’ll explore and experience a great variety of lighting conditions along the way, and seek to understand why they are so, and how they are influenced. I hope to inspire a new and life long awareness and appreciation of beautiful light in some of you.
5) We’ll finish back at The Cool Kids Studio by approximately 4:00PM and there may be an opportunity for a short social debrief at one of my favourite local cafes or restaurants nearby for those able to stay on for a chat.
* Date options for this workshop:
- Saturday 4th July 1-4pm
- Sunday 26th July 1-4pm
- Saturday 15th August 1-4pm
Hope to see you there,
*All images by Brett Dorron in available light.
SAVE SAVE SAVE
These Photowalks are FREE to Academy Members or $25.00 for Non-Members. Take a look at our FREE MEMBERSHIP option right now to SAVE